Let’s Get Started!
I find that creating a map starts with knowing what makes your community special. Since everything is drawn just for your project, I can include specific flowers, pine or palm trees, your signature colors and so much more.
These are the questions that I think are a good starting place for working together:
- What will be the primary use of this map?
- Are there specific dimensions needed? Should it be horizontal or vertical?
- What major landmarks/places would you like listed? (I suggest evergreen ones – like town markers, statues, museums, etc.)
- What do people do there? What would you like to show them doing?
- Is there a symbol or motif you would like to see used? (For example, is there a specific flower or the local high school sport mascot?)
- Do you have any thoughts about the compass rose?
- Are there specific colors that need to be used?
- When do you need the final files?